Everything you need to know about the Pink Ink Process terms and conditions
What are your hours?
Just as random and eclectic as my designs are, I don't hold normal 9-5 typical business day working hours. My hours depend on the time frame of the project, the day, and my children's school schedule. I can be reached at anytime, however, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow 24-72 hours for a response.
How does the design process work?
We can arrange a phone call and or Skype session to talk about any design project you are interested in. I have custom forms that I send that will help both you and me in the process when branstorming a project. I may ask additional information and other things if a question should come to mind.
I then take the form and begin working on your project.
When should I book my project?
Pink Ink Designs is typically booked about two to three months in advance. The sooner you can book your project the better because I base my schedule on the type of design because some
projects take longer than others. There is a 50% down payment required at the time of booking and an invoice will be sent via PayPal. The remaining 50% is due upon
the booking date and before any final files will be released.
What is your turn around time?
Turn around time is based on the type of projects. Pink Ink asks for a minimum of 7 days from the date of booking and an additional 3 days for final images once the final design has been approved for covers. For formatting, the turn around time is 10 days with an additional
1-2 days for finalfiles once the final has been approved.
For premade covers a 10 day advanced notice is required for scheduling
and then the rules for initail cover designs apply.
Mock ups, examples, and changes oh my!
For book cover clients: Pink Ink allows for 3 initial mock ups for a cover. 3 mock ups for Branding. Any changes beyond the initial mock ups are subject to additional fees at an
hourly rate of $25 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour billed.
For Formatting Clients: The initial price of formatting is for anything 30 chapters or less. Any additional chapters are $2 per chapter ( a dollar each for ebook and print).
Formatting Changes and Re-Formats: Pink Ink allows for changes (typos and such that are not the responsibility of the designer) There is no charge for anything less than 10 corrections. If your file has more that 10 typos or corrections to be made, there is a $25 per hour charge with a minimum of 1 hour billed. Anything over 30 corrections would be considered a re-format
in which 75% of the original formatting fee will be charged.
Who should I credit?
All credits in reguards to designs should be credited to Cassy Roop of Pink Ink Designs
What do the design fees NOT include?
The design fees are for FINAL files only. They DO NOT include the original working files. The original working files and design remain the copyright of the designer. Working files can be purchased, however there is a substantial fee involved. Pink Ink keeps all working files in a forever folder and such files will never be deleted should the client need to
have the designer make any changes.
Do you offer refunds?
If for any reason you should need to cancel an appointment, a refund for the deposit will be made if notice is given at least two weeks prior to your booking date. If you cancel less than two weeks before your booking date, deposits are no longer refundable. Once final designs have been
sent and shared, a refund will NOT be given.
PUBLISHING RIGHTS AND BRAND NAMING
1. The client acknowledges he/she has obtained all rights and permissions to publish materials to be used in the project and shall be solely responsible for the materials and the validity of copyrights, trademarks and ownership claimed by the client. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend PINK INK DESIGNS and its employees from any and all libel and copyright and permission infringement action resulting from materials client provides. The book material client provides must not be a public domain work (unless client is the original author).
2. All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by PINK INK DESIGNS to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
3. PINK INK DESIGNS retains the right to use client’s name and book title on PINK INK DESIGNS website and to market and promote our services.
4. Upon receipt of full payment, PINK INK DESIGNS grants the client exclusive license to use the final cover design artwork (PDF, JPEG or other publishing-ready format) for his/her book and/or e-book cover and associated promotional materials.
5. The client understands that he/she has no right to alter the final cover design in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she
will consult PINK INK DESIGNS. The client understands that additional
payments may be required to make these alterations.
6. The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by, PINK INK DESIGNS through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book design.
7. PINK INK DESIGNS retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials.
8. If the client supplies PINK INK DESIGNS with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third-party, the client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into his/her project. PINK INK DESIGNS reserves the right to request a copy of secured rights. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the client provides, the client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
9. PINK INK DESIGNS requires cover design credit appear in client’s book (either on the back cover or on the copyright page) as such:
“Cover or Formatting design © Cassy Roop of Pink Ink Designs"
10. Client is fully responsible for proofing the book design provided by PINK INK DESIGNS It is strongly suggested that client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering any copies of the book. At no time will PINK INK DESIGNS be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book design.